ANNE VS. FERGIE
Hathaway showed off her sexy Dolce & Gabbana dress at a Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation event in N.Y.C., while the singer celebrated her Allure cover in Los Angeles in her purple corset dress.
Couples Watch: Ellen & Chris, Fergie & Josh...
Plus: More of the latest scoop on star romance
MONDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2007 06:00 AM EST
Ellen Pompeo and Chris Ivery
Photo by: VIPIX / Ramey
• Newlyweds Ellen Pompeo and Chris Ivery, stepping out for sushi at Hirozen Gourmet in Los Angeles. Outside the restaurant, the couple received congratulations from some nearby photographers and fans.
• Charlie Sheen, hanging courtside with his fiancée Brooke Mueller during a Los Angeles Clippers game at the Staples Center in L.A. And good news for them: the home team bested the New York Knicks, 84-81.
• After attending a private dinner at Green Door (thrown in her honor), Fergie spotted strolling into Bar Marmont in West Hollywood hand in hand with beau Josh Duhamel. The pair walked to the back of the bar and ordered drinks as the singer greeted some friends with a hug. Fergie took her glass of white wine – and her boyfriend – and retreated to the less-crowded patio section with her friends in tow. After some friendly chatter, the two pals departed, leaving Fergie and Duhamel alone for some quiet time together.
• Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari and her boyfriend Nick Zano, catching a movie together at The Grove in Los Angeles. Walking through the open-air mall, the couple held hands, looking just like twins in jeans and white T-Shirts. The casual pair made their way to the theater, giggling as they hit the line.
Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany
Photo by: Dara Kushner / INF
• Jennifer Connelly, taking in the Seventh on Sale gala and sample sale at the 26th Street Armory in New York along with hubby Paul Bettany. The fashion-forward couple – she sported an Oscar de la Renta gown – mingled at the star-studded event (Ashley Olsen, Kate Moss and Blake Lively were among the attendees), and Bettany confessed he was there for support, and not for shopping! "I always enjoy shopping," he drolly teased with us. "I live for it!"
• Tommy Lee, enjoying dinner with flame Kimberly Stewart – as well as her brother and father Rod Stewart– at Il Sole in West Hollywood. While it was a family dinner, the bad-boy rocker was getting pretty cozy with Stewart, a fellow diner reports. Later, the pair continued their night by partying at Hyde.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LISA INGRASSIA and JEFFREY SLONIM
Fergie Felled by Food Poisoning
10/10/2007 11:00 AM, E! Online
It's definitely time for the Black Eyed Peas to invest in a private caterer.
The Grammy-winning rap outfit was forced to call off a gig in San Salvador midway through the show last Friday, after Fergie artist informed the crowd she had fallen ill from food poisoning—the same excuse proffered by band mate Taboo in Stockholm last month when the group was forced to suspend yet another tour stop.
"I am so sorry I can't give you the full show tonight," Fergie told the crowd of roughly 10,000 fans last week. "I am not one of those bitches who cancels their show for 'exhaustion,' okay?"
"I have never canceled a show in my life. I was basically sick on my death bed with food poisoning and I said, 'I cannot do the show, I can't do it. I'm not gonna do it to my fans and look like a jackass.'
"So, I got it together and I might not look pretty or cute or have makeup on or have changes, but you know what? I came here for you," she added, gesturing to the tracksuit, sunglasses and baseball cap she was sporting in lieu of her usual stage attire.
Fergie then launched into a brief a capella version of her solo hit, "Big Girls Don't Cry," before stopping to say she needed to get some fluids. Before exiting the stage, Fergie promised fans she would make up for her half-hearted performance by coming back to El Salvador and performing a free concert.
Moments after she ducked backstage, the crowd was informed that the concert was off.
The gig at San Salvador's Gimnasio Nacional was part of the group's Black, Blue and You tour of Mexico and Central America. In addition to the promised free concert by Fergie, the Black Eyed Peas' concert promoter, Two Show, announced that it will reschedule the concert for some time within the next three months, and that full refunds would be available to those who didn't want to try their chances at the follow-up gig.
By then, all the Peas should have a stockpile of Maalox.
The group nixed its Sept. 13 set in Stockholm about halfway through the show, when Fergie announced that Taboo had been taken to the emergency room. "We believe he has food poisoning," she said.
At the after-party, she told a reporter for the Swedish newspaper Expressen that Taboo was already out of the hospital, sleeping off the bug in their hotel room.
Concert canceled after Fergie falls ill
10/09/2007 6:00 PM, AP
The Associated Press
The Black Eyed Peas canceled a concert in San Salvador after Fergie fell ill. The daily newspaper La Prensa Grafica reported that some 10,000 people were at the concert Friday when the 32-year-old singer suddenly told the crowd she was sick. The show was canceled minutes later.
The band was in Mexico and Central America as part of their "Monkey Business" tour.
Two Show, the concert's organizer, said in a statement Monday that it plans to reschedule the concert sometime within the next three months. It also offered refunds to dissatisfied fans.
The statement didn't say why the show was canceled, and Two Show didn't return calls seeking comment.
J.Lo, Fergie to perform at Fashion Rocks
06/27/2007 10:40 AM, AP
Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Fall Out Boy and Usher will perform at the fourth annual Fashion Rocks concert celebrating the relationship between music and fashion.
The show, hosted by "Entourage" star Jeremy Piven, will be held Sept. 6 at Radio City Music Hall. It will air the following night in a two-hour special on CBS.
Fashion Rocks will be among the events during New York Fashion Week.
Aerosmith, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Avril Lavigne, Ludacris, Martina McBride and Santana are also scheduled to appear.
"The synergy between fashion and music is even more pronounced now than it was when we first created Fashion Rocks three years ago," said Richard Beckman, president of Conde Nast Media Group, in a statement Wednesday. "Each year the line between the two becomes increasingly blurred as more musicians launch fashion lines and more designers align themselves with musicians."
Fashion Rocks magazine will also return, with Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour again at the helm. The magazine will accompany the September issue of 17 Conde Nast titles.
Fashion Rocks is a production of Conde Nast Media Group, a unit of Conde Nast Publications.
Fergie discusses drug nightmare in interview
06/21/2007 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie has admitted she was once so high on drugs she spent eight hours talking to a clothes hamper.
The singer's confession is published in July's edition of the fitness magazine Self.
An ex-crystal methamphetamine addict, Fergie reveals that she became so paranoid that she hid in the laundry basket.
She says: "I remember thinking somebody was inside of it, going to come and get me, so I was talking to the person who was crawling in the hamper."
The interview also delves into her experiences as a child actor and the extent of her additctions.
At one point, the singer estimates that she was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on the drug, and eating "maybe once every two days."
Now free from her dependency and with a highly successful solo career, she expresses hope that others can learn from her mistakes.
She adds: "Even when you feel like you're at your worst--because I went to that place, I went to hell and back--you can pick yourself up. You just have to make the right choices. Everything is a choice."